Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Coolest Coleman Camp Stove...Ever...

For the last couple years I have been using a propane stove for camp cooking. My biggest complaint is how long it take to cook. This is because the fuel stoves generally burn much hotter. The actual BTU rating will range from stove to stove but a good rule of thumb is that fuel will burn hotter than propane. The only downside to this route is that you have to buy the fuel. Coleman camp fuel runs about $9 at your local Wally World where as the Coleman Propane canisters will go for $5 for 2 cans. For me though the extra cost is money well spent. Especially if you want to go ahead and spend a little more on a Dual Fuel. These models will run on the camp fuel AND regular unleaded gasoline. Even at an outrageous $3.50/gallon at the pump, that is a great deal and overall the best way to go. I didn't really want to spend the retail price for a stove so I hit up my two favorite shopping sites. Craigslist and Ebay. Can't go wrong there right? I found a great deal on this stove on Ebay. I don't believe the seller has a website but the user name is camoartist515. The reason I am giving that out is because this person has an amazing deal from time to time. My Coleman stove was not only promptly shipped on time and with affordable shipping...It looks amazing! Camoartist515 restores and paints Coleman products with unique camo patterns. I won a bidding war to purchase this model for $40 and it has been a fantastic purchase. All the hardware and stickers were refurbished or replaced with new parts and it works like a champ. Check out Camoartist515's page from time to time to see what you can get your hands on!




1 comment:

  1. Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because, they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.


    Folding Wood Stove

    ReplyDelete